Tuesday, March 28, 2006

 

This could be something big in PHP!

I have read articles about FORM issues in PHP, and making
something that will be easy for:

  1. JS Validation
  2. PHP Validation
  3. FORM creation
  4. ----
  5. I want the previous values of the form to still be there
  6. I want error msgs
  7. I want form themes
  8. I want reusable components
  9. I want scrollbars!
  10. I want cookies (real cookies, and milk plz lol)
  11. I want it to be simple (KISS)
  12. I want it to be OO


<?
require "FormObjectTemplates.inc.php"
$formObj = new FormAll();
// The templates would have their own JavaScript validation
$formObj->addTextFromTemplate('name', txtName);
$formObj->addTextFromTemplate('howYouFeel', txtOneLineDescription);
$formObj->addCombo('cbBlah', 'Blah');

// This is PHP for submitting the form
if(isset($_POST['name']))
if($formObj->validatePOSTData())
$goodMessage = $formObj->getValidationMessage();
else
$error = $formObj->getValidationMessage();
// What we could do is instead of having validation problem MESSAGES
// We could send back objects so we can show an ERROR image right next
// To the form input that was invalid with a brief message of what went wrong.
?>
<script type="text/javascript">
<?
$formObj->printJavaScriptValidation();
?>
</script>
<?
$formObj->printHTMLForm();

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

Archives

March 2006   April 2006  

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?